Monday, September 17, 2007

Cross-posts on data centers over at GigaOm

I've been thinking a lot about the future of data centers and the relevant systems and network architectures. Not following the Broncos has given me some free time on Sundays :)

Om posted my piece on the current revolution for data center architectures last week - it sure does look like we're headed back to the future. It's clear to me that virtualization is going to play a key role in the data center of the future and that looks vaguely familiar to network architectures of the past. You can read the post here.

I have also been very interested in making data centers more eco-friendly and wrote about this over at Earth2Tech (a GigaOm site) here. If you're a fan of Vyatta, then you know our software runs on servers that are Energy Star certified already!

P.S. Yes, I do know the Broncos are 2-0. I have not watched a minute of them in 2007 yet :)

1 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger jerry said...

Of course you heard that the Broncos were very lucky to get past the "mighty" Raiders! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home