Friday, April 21, 2006

ADD in the real world

I was having a conversation with a colleague the other day that seems to point to an extreme case of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). I'll change the name in the below transcription, although I am not sure that the ADD would allow them to read the rest of this blog post anyway... The conversation went something like this:

Allan: Thanks for the idea, when we are done here I'll give them a call and follow up. [...1 second passes...] ADDInfected: Great - have you called them yet? Allan: Um, I'm talking to you. [...1 second passes...] ADDInfected: Yes, but I called you on your mobile phone and you have a landline. Allan: Yes, but I'm talking to you. [...1 second passes...] ADDInfected: Have you called them on your landline yet? Allan: No, we are still talking. [...1 second passes...] ADDInfected: What did they say when you called them? Allan: Um, I have not called them yet as I am talking to you. ADDInfected: I've got to go, I've got another meeting I am late for right now.

I hung up the phone and shook my head in disbelief. And then, I made the other call. Ever see the movie Memento?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home